Alegre: Meaning: bright and pleasant; 'promoting a feeling of cheer'. ESPANOL
Alegre Inn serves a delicious, complimentary full breakfast and offers the lovely grounds and views of a tropical paradise, in the foothills of the El Yunque Rainforest mountains. A 15 minute drive down to the splendid beaches of Luquillo or over to the hiking trails in the rainforest gives you easy access to many, varied activities. If you are a horse lover or just curious, you are welcome to spend time on the horse ranch, getting to know it. Most of the horses are retired race track thoroughbreds being retrained for jumping and dressage. Linda and Greg Jackson breed race horses and rescue them too!
Join your hostess for breakfast and get oriented on the many activities and sights in the nearby area. She will provide a list of restaurants as well. A sumptuous full breakfast is included and served in the main 'house' or by the pool between 8 and 9 am daily.
The Inn offers 3 principal rooms with AC and private bath. ( more are planned soon) An additional 2 rooms by the pool and 2 more rooms which are available Sunday through Thursday nights only. See photos slide show of Hacienda Siesta Alegre and Alegre Inn
The luscious pool area is open from dawn to 8 PM daily, if there is an event such as a wedding in the main 'house' the pool is closed at 4 PM during events. Alegre Inn is situated behind all activity on the ranch and there are quiet spaces for guests to enjoy even during events. Friday and Saturday nights you could hear a little music from the event facility.
The entire property is open to you ( except days of events, part of it will be closed off to guests) ESPANOL
View the entire property, CLICK Here. For photos of the rooms. CLICK here.
RATES: 3 night minimum. Additional 7% PR room tax. $175. to $300. double per night in season. Lower rates off season. Photos of rooms are on the flash slide show.
See photos slide show of Hacienda Siesta Alegre and Alegre Inn
NORTH EAST PUERTO RICO AT YOUR DOORSTEP. LINKS TO NEARBY THINGS TO DO.:
• El Yunque Rainforest . This semi-tropical rainforest is part of the U.S. Forest Service and offers unique opportunities and easy access to experience a rainforest. There are many well maintained and well marked trails to explore on your own, or with an interpretive guide. You can jump into a waterfall and pool or hike to the top, above the clouds! There is more than one entrance to the rainforest, although the north entrance ( road #191) is easiest and reaches the more developed areas. ESPANOL
• Bioluminescent Lagoon The bioluminescent lagoons of Puerto Rico offer a magical night time experience either by 'sit on top' kayak or small boat. The Fajardo biobay is the closest. You will need advance reservations and you can only enter with a guided tour.
• Private Charter Snorkeling • Surfing Lessons • Private Cave Tour • Zip Lining
• Explore Old San Juan Restaurants, History, Tours
• Acampa Zip Lining • Luquillo Beach • Seven Seas Beach
• Hang gliding • Old San Juan Tour • Choose your Luquillo Kiosk!
• Day trip to Culebra Island • Snorkel & Kayak Culebra • Day Trip to Vieques Island
There are several recommended day trips you can take by car on your own. A scenic drive to the Punta Tuna lighthouse in Maunabo, a day in Old San Juan are two memorable trips.
HACIENDA ALEGRE INN : Reservations are required. ESPANOL
Siesta Alegre Hospitality Inc.
Road 186 Km 23.9
Bo. El Verde, Rio Grande, PR 00745
Mailing Address: Hacienda Siesta Alegre PO Box 1876 Rio Grande, PR 00745
Toll Free: (800) 762-1458 - Office: (787) 887-7500